I created an identity for myself to be a person that always gives one hundred percent. I just can’t do less and I’m very stubborn. In every role, there’s a moment— there’s always one wall that I need to climb and some fear I need to confront in myself. Sometimes it’s physical, sometimes emotional or psychological. If I have a thing that’s like, “Oh that’s scary,” I need to go there.
- – Noomi Rapace, episode 246 of Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso
Upon the release of her new film Lamb, we sit with actor Noomi Rapace. We begin with how she explained the project to her son (4:24), after two decades of fearless performances (6:18) ignited by her breakout role in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (17:24). As we reflect on the pandemic, she describes a feeling of stillness (20:09) that emerged after Lamb—a counter to the years of “running” during Prometheus, Sherlock Holmes, and The Drop (23:02). As we leave, we revisit an early interview clip (25:05), her realizations about motherhood (30:02), and what it means to listen more (34:36).
- Purchase tickets to see Lamb in theaters today.
- Learn more about the film on A24’s website.
- Follow Noomi on Instagram.
- Watch the clip: Millennium girl tells all, ahead of Cannes.
- Watch Noomi’s past work, including The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Prometheus, The Secrets We Keep, Stockholm, The Drop, Passion, and What Happened to Monday.
- Listen to our past talks with artists including Julie Delpy, Janelle Monáe, Edward Norton, Miranda July, Sean Baker, Laura Dern, Janicza Bravo, Matthew McConaughey, and more.
- Illustration by: Krishna Shenoi