The greatest combination is confidence and humbleness. I’m confident that my skill level for comedian is at a high level—but I’m also humble enough to appreciate the opportunity that I get to go onstage. – Jeff Garlin, episode 249 of Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso
With the return of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jeff Garlin is back on the show! Our talk with the Chicago-born comedian opens with a song (4:16) and a spirited exchange over cancel culture (8:10). Then, Garlin shares his excitement around returning to comedy clubs (19:53), his philosophy on dreams (24:30), the night he lost his virginity to a heckler (29:16), how he found love in the pandemic (32:10), and why he’s seeing his work on “Curb” in a new light (35:40).
Before we go, Jeff walks us through the weekend that changed his life (38:54), a piece of wisdom from Kurt Vonnegut (45:22), and the importance of being kind to yourself, however old or young (47:20).
- See Jeff on Curb Your Enthusiasm, every Sunday on HBO.
- Watch his latest Netflix Special, Our Man In Chicago.
- Look through his series of Leica photographs: “Big Bowl of Wonderful”
- Learn about Jeff’s upcoming shows on his website.
- Hear our first conversation back in 2019.
- Follow Jeff on Instagram.
- Hear our past conversations with performers and comedians: Hasan Minhaj, Hannah Gadsby, Alan Alda, Carol Burnett, Larry Wilmore, Rob Reiner, Jenny Slate, Nick Offerman, and Ted Danson.
Illustration by: Krishna Shenoi