“I’m yearning to go a little deeper in all ways. I still have that yearning that Ilana and I had. That hustle feels in my bones.”
-Abbi Jacobson, episode 287 of Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso
Today we’re joined by Abbi Jacobson! We begin with her new series, A League of Their Own (5:35), the legacy of the 1992 film (10:35), her earliest comedic influences (15:05), moving to New York City post-college (21:04), falling in love with improv at UCB (25:08), the night she met Ilana Glazer (32:40), and a handful of memories creating Broad City (37:20).
On the back-half, Abbi tells the story behind her book I Might Regret This (43:33), how heartbreak brought her to Los Angeles (46:22), what she hopes her sixty-year-old self looks like (50:42), and why she wants to continue making ‘inviting work’ (54:12). To close, she tells us a love story (1:03:16).
- Watch Season 1 of A League of Their Own on Amazon Prime.
- See Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer in Broad City.
- Order Abbi’s book, I Might Regret This.
- Follow her on Instagram.
- For more conversations, hear our talks with Nick Offerman, Jenny Slate, Tessa Thompson, Bill Hader, Lena Dunham, John Early, and Ethan Hawke.
- Order your Talk Easy mug in cream and navy or our vinyl record with Fran Lebowitz.