On the brink of 70, legend Pam Grier sits down to reflect on a series of pivotal moments from her inimitable life. For example: moving to Los Angeles at 18 in 1967 (7:10), becoming a trailblazer through iconic films like Foxy Brown and Coffy (16:38), getting thrown out of a bar with John Lennon and Harry Nilsson in 70s Hollywood (27:00), words of wisdom from Eartha Kitt (35:44), falling in love with Richard Pryor (42:44), overcoming cervical cancer in 1988 (48:22), and much more. There’s only one Pam Grier, and we’re honored to have her.
- A trailer for Poms, now out in theaters.
- “Bless This Mess” is the hit new ABC sit-com, co-starring Pam. Watch a trailer for the program here.
- For the Jackie Brown diehards, our episode with Robert Forster.
- Foxy: My Life in Three Acts, Pam’s autobiography, was published in 2010.
- Coffy and Foxy Brown, both mentioned in this conversation, are available to stream on Amazon Prime.
- Check out Brown Sugar, Pam’s streaming site dedicated to black cinema.
Illustrations by Krishna Shenoi. Music by Dylan Peck.