“The virus doesn’t care much if you’re Republican, Democrat, socialist, liberal, market-oriented. We’re all equally vulnerable. Some part of me believes… that it will create a common cause in our country. But I also worry that people will use it for political gain.”- Dr. Ashish Jha, episode 163 on Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso
Dr. Ashish Jha is the Director of Harvard Global Health Institute and a Professor at Harvard T. H. Chan school of public health. If you’ve turned on your TV over the past few days, you’ve likely seen him discussing COVID-19. Today he joins us to talk about how the coronavirus spread; the necessity for social distancing; elderly discrimination; what we can learn from the Spanish Flu of 1918; and plenty advice on how to best keep you and your family safe in this critical moment.“We’ve got a common enemy and we are going to fight and we are going to win”, he says.
- Visit Ashish K. Jha personal website here.
- You can watch Ashish’s appearance on PBS News Hour.
- Follow Ashish on Twitter.
- A smart, timely thread about “protecting the vulnerable.”
- And another thread on the importance of social distancing, right now.
- Learn more about the Harvard Global Health Institute.
- More on social distancing, from Asaf Bitton, MD.
- COVID-19 chart from Vox.
Illustrations by: Krishna Shenoi.
Photographs by: Emma Mead
Music by: Dylan Peck and Jinsang.
Subscribe on: Apple Music, Spotify, Stitcher.
You must be logged in to post a comment.