Gin Queen, Mates! Jacki Weaver is on this week, reflecting on her childhood in Sydney (07:54), an early and undying devotion to acting (09:34), never becoming a social worker (14:09), being a romantic (16:41), the joys and toils of motherhood (18:15), her first marriage at age 19 (20:04), the memoir she never intended to write (21:19), working consistently in show-business through the 70s and 80s (22:49), looking for and finding balance (25:42), life on stage (27:24), not really fearing death (51:57), reserving judgment (31:54), the snowball success of 2010’s Animal Kingdom (35:06), being happy (39:17), aging in Hollywood (40:19), her parents’ love (45:55), and her own (48:30).
- A trailer for Poms, now out in theaters.
- Perpetual Grace, LTD, a new thriller series starring Jacki, Ben Kingsley and more, is coming to Epix in June.
- 2010’s Animal Kingdom, mentioned in this conversation, is available to stream on iTunes and Amazon Prime.
- Much Love, Jac, Jacki’s memoir, was published in 2005.
- Pam Grier, Jacki’s Poms co-star, sat down with Sam just recently. Check out her episode here.